CSU-Pueblo Alumni Association

Important Information

There are many advantages of living on campus

Students who live in a Residence hall are more likely to:

  • Stay in college
  • Develop better study habits
  • Participate in student and recreational activities
  • Have more contact with other students

Roommate Matching


The Office of Residence Life and Housing will make every effort to match-up preselected roommates when making room assignments. If no roommate preference is selected we will use other preferences identified on the room reservation form to make compatible matches among students.


The Office of Residence Life and Housing will send out room assignments in Mid-June. Assignments will be made weekly thereafter.

Live-in Requirement

Single Freshman students, with less than 24 credit hours completed, who are under 21 years of age, with a home address of more than 50 miles from campus MUST live in the Residence Halls. Credits taken concurrent with high school and/or credits attained through Advanced Placement (AP) CLEP, International Baccalaureate or similar programs do not apply towards living experience.

Single freshmen, under the age of 21 whose parents' principle residence is located within 50 miles of campus may elect to reside in University Housing but otherwise must reside with their parents. 

  • All residential students are required to have a meal plan.
  • Students failing to meet these requirements will be assessed the lowest price residence hall (double room rate) and board charges.
  • Any exceptions to this requirement must be approved by the University Housing Office.

Determination of 50 Miles

The University Housing Office will determine whether a student living with their parents is within the 50 mile radius by the means listed on the Living With Parents page.

Request for Exemptions from the Live-In Requirement

University Housing may grant an exemption to a student from the live-in requirement for extreme and unusual conditions that would prevent a student from living on campus. Students who apply for an exemption to this policy must meet the established criteria. The Office of Residence Life and Housing will ensure that any reasonable accommodation will be made to residents.

Request for Exemption forms (Request for Exemption Form) can be mailed or delivered to:
Colorado State University-Pueblo
Office of Residence Life and Housing
4320 Walking Stick Blvd
Pueblo, CO 81001

Missing Student Notification Policy 

Colorado State University-Pueblo takes student safety very seriously. The linked policy has been established to assist in locating CSU-Pueblo students living in CSU-Pueblo owned or leased housing who, based on the facts and circumstances known to CSU-Pueblo, has been determined missing for at least 24 hours.

Security and Fire Safety Report

Please view the Security and Fire Safety Report here: