CSU-Pueblo Students Talking There are a number of employment opportunities open only to qualified veterans and their dependents here at the Colorado State University-Pueblo Campus.    

You may also be eligible for other student employment opportunities including need based work-study or CSU-Pueblo student hourly positions.

VA Work Study

If you're a full-time or 3/4-time student in a college degree program, or a vocational or professional program, you can "earn while you learn" with a VA work-study allowance.
If you are receiving Veterans Education Benefits you are probably eligible for VA Work Study.  However, to receive a formal decision from the VA, you must file a claim for benefits.

The VA will select students for the work-study program based on different factors. Such factors include:
  • Disability of the student
  • Ability of the student to complete the work-study contract before the end of his or her eligibility to education benefits
  • Job availability within normal commuting distance to student
  • The VA will give the highest priority to a veteran who has a service-connected disability or disabilities rated by VA at 30% or more.
You'll earn an hourly wage equal to the Federal minimum wage or your State minimum wage, whichever is greater.   After you've completed the hours covered by your first payment, VA will pay you each time you complete 50 hours of service.
Services you perform under a VA work-study program must be related to VA work.  The work you actually do will depend on your interests and the type of work available.
If you are interested, please fill out the VA Work-study Application and return it to the Veterans Education Benefits Office at CSU–Pueblo located in the Occhiato University Center (OUC), room 035.